Last week, I learned from a writer at Boston Magazine, that Blush is the new Millennial Pink. Seems fitting as I am currently loving everything Blush and I also recently discovered that I am in fact a millennial, just barely making the cut of being born between 1982-2004.
I obviously wear the hue often, as can be seen here, but I also noticed it in my home, on myself - being my preferred nail and lip color, and even when I started packing baby #2's hospital bag (a post on that is coming soon!).
My Mother's Day Blush Gift Guide is at the end of the post! >>
I couldn't love this vase more and I scored it for $2 at our local goodwill store.
This Maybelline lipstick is my favorite at the moment - #920 Nude Lust.
At a shop sale for the Every Day Co., I bought a few single linen dinner napkins with the blush tone. I plan to style with them, have them with my coffee, and mix/match them for dinners.
If you follow me on Instagram, you saw that last weekend I spent a lot of time prepping for baby #2's arrival. This hand-knitted sweater by Paul's mother will be going in the hospital bag.
Now for a Mother's Day Gift Guide full of some of my favorite blush items!
Clockwise...(click images for links)
1. I saw this on instragram and instantly wanted it - so clean, classic, and seems like a good size for a diaper bag as a mom of two girls (hint hint, Paul). And it's only $48!
2. As seen above, I already own these napkins and they just make even a cup of coffee feel special in the morning. It's the little things that count when it comes to making it through the day sometimes.
3. I've never been a birkenstock wearer but I think I could be in their rose colored option. I feel like I've seen people wearing them with socks in LA...is that "cool" now? I don't know that I can get into that...
4. Blush tone jewelry with matching nail polish. A classic mother's day gift that won't disappoint.
5. I think I would only want one set in these, maybe two? Or maybe 4-6 of the small plates for when I host my book club. Mostly just for styling, hosting, or something special to eat on, in the rare occasion I eat alone.
6. Haven't used this product, but the packaging alone has me all 'heart eyes.' I love anything that would make my shower feel more grown up and less sesame street.
7. If you are last a last minute shopper for the Mother in your life - order some rosé (off Amazon), buy her favorite flowers, and a sweet card. And maybe make a brunch reservation?
8. There are a lot of good blush coffee mugs out there - even this one from bed bath & beyond (I really like this one), ...which you can get in time for the weekend if an online gift isn't an option for you procrastinators out there. Bring her a big cup of coffee in bed, in the her new blush mug - you're golden!